Interested in working for a disruptive start-up in the licensing industry? ARTiSTORY builds upon a successfully proven licensing model, but with improvements. A rapidly growing global business with the aim of becoming the Disney of the art & culture sector.
Founded in 2020 by a team of pioneers in art and cultural IP licensing, ARTiSTORY is a specialist focusing on the cultural IP licensing with unique capabilities of transforming “Artefacts to Merchandise”, storytelling via digital content with sales teams in London, Barcelona, Beijing, Shanghai, Singapore and Boston.
ARTiSTORY partners with the world’s top museums and cultural organisations to develop licensing programmes with global retailers and international consumer brands.
Our vision is to extend the reach for our museum partners to engage a global audience via a comprehensive licensing programme that consists of online retail and immersive retail space, digital licensing and touring exhibition each is supported by storytelling capabilities that resonate with targeted demographics.
About the Role
Based in the UK the PR & Marketing Manager role will sit within the PR & Branding team. The role involves strategy development, building and retaining media relations, content development and overseeing small scale events.
As the company grows the role of PR and Marketing Manager will morph and adapt to the growth and changes. It’s essential that the PR and Marketing Manager can adapt to change.
Role & Responsibilities
• Support in the development, planning, and execution of public relations strategy to maximise earned media coverage across local and international media channels,especially in Europe, the United States, Southeast Asia.
• Build up brand awareness of ARTiSTORY in the world IP Industry and heritage sector.
2:Media Relationship & Communication:
• Explore media co-branding campaign/activities opportunities by leveraging existing media database and PR agency resources.
• Secure product placements in relevant consumer media.
• Develop and maintain relationship with media and relevant museum stakeholders.
• Manage global licensing trade PR: Securing interviews, media briefing book for interview, senior executives’ speeches, thought pieces, Q&As and opinion pieces to build our profile in the industry.
• Create and share press releases for new product launches, determining relevant media channels to promote the launch.
• Take charge of online and offline branding events related to IP promotion and B2B licensing sales. Including but not limited to the bi annual creative launch events ,brand licensing show, integrated campaigns partnering with platforms or media, and other events the company may host or attend.
• Creating content that addresses business objectives, brand positioning, and key messages and supports media relations and ensure engagement.
• Build and operate corporate's materials, including corporate presentations, company website, newsclip, PR Calendar，promotional videos，and editing presentations as required.
• Creating content for marketing materials, including newsletters, blogs, articles and B2B social media.
• Take on responsibly for the company LinkedIn account, drive engagement and growth.
• Bachelor’s Degree and or Master’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations or Journalism.
• Ideally 3 years of experience working with international media, or in an in-house PR communications role.
• Established *own* network of international media contacts is preferred – need to have own and existing relationship and base of media contacts, including business media, fashion & lifestyle, and art.
• Be able to co-operate closely and communicate effectively with other teams to tell a compelling brand story.
• Native English speaker with addition EU language, preferably French.
• A multitasker who is able to work under pressure and meet tight deadline.
• Experience in the brand licensing industry a bonus.
• Copywriting and proof-reading skills.
• Hard working, organised and with great attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills and confident phone manner.
• Professional manner and well presented.
• Interest in art and culture.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a busy office team.
• IT competent in Office and Mac applications.
What Do We Offer?
• This is a full-time role (5 days a week) initially working remotely from home, but once ARTiSTORY opens an office in London the role will be based there with an opportunity for some remote work.
• Some travel may be required.
• Competitive salary.
• Workplace pension contribution.
• 25 days holiday.
• The role offers progression opportunities as the company grows.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter detailing why you are suitable for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org